Envelopes should be the right size for the card, I have found that pearlescent paper is strong enough for an envelope.
My method for making nice looking envelopes to fit any size card.
You will need:
12″ x 12″ paper
Power pritt stick glue
Double sided tape
Envelope score board
1. Measure the diagonal of the card (I'm using metric)
2. Add 2.5cm to the diagonal measurement
3. Use this total to measure and cut a square of envelope paper using the paper cutter.
4. Centre the card on the square of paper like a rectangle over a diamond (the corners of the paper should be above the sides of the card), and score the sides of the envelope 1cm larger than the card, making sure that the score lines cross over at the corners
5. Cut out the upper triangles where the score lines cross
6. Round the envelope flap with a punch and emboss if you want. Glue the envelope together and use double sided tape on the flap
I have tried different methods but this one has worked out the best, I have adapted it from the instructions in the enveloper made by Crafters Companion, a brilliant product!
Sent from my iPad